Monday, November 3, 2008

not my will but Yours.

The Lord is so sovereign it’s out of control. But seriously, it is so out of control. No matter how many times I try to take that control away, His sovereignty takes over and I fall flat on my face. I am so thankful for that. I create a mess and He picks up the pieces. Right now I have a major decision to make. I have an opportunity to do an internship overseas with an international church in Aix en Provence. It sounds incredible. My heart wants nothing more than to go somewhere different- out of context, out of culture, out of my comfort zone. Yet, my mind gets logical and I start to worry about my finances and the probability of an opportunity like that. I have been on my knees about it for awhile, and I know it will take more patience and prayer. I need confirmation before intimidation. If the Lord wants me there I know He will get me there. I have to push my fear aside and allow the Lord to lead me. The other night He put Jeremiah 29:11 on my heart: “For I know the plans I have for you” , declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
You know what? I can live with that.
Praise the Lord for His constant comfort, as I wait in patience for His direction.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Sounds awesome and I'll say a prayer for you right now. If it doesn't work out, then God will have something even better for you.

Make sure you stay in touch if you take off to some far off land. We can all benefit from your internship vicariously.